The ITAL-Institute of Food Technology, in Campinas, was the scene of two important events at the end of June. On the occasion of the Flexible Packaging Course promoted for professionals in the field, CETEA – Packaging Technology Center, together with ITAL, launched the 2nd edition of Flexible Plastic Packaging – Principal Polymers and property evaluation.
In addition to Vitopel, collaborators from large corporations such as Pepsico, Bemis, M Dias Branco, Incoplast and Terphane were present and received specific technical training and / or information recycling, collaborating with professionals in the productive sector to improve their processes and quality of its products.
The book, which was sponsored by Vitopel do Brasil, was fully written by the CETEA technical team and has an excellent approach on the following topics:
- Main polymers and additives used in films and flexible packaging; li>
- Adhesives for coextrusion and lamination; li>
- Environmental issues applicable to the development of flexible packaging; li>
- Types, formats and terminologies; li>
- Key concepts in metrology; li>
- Sampling procedures; li>
- Physical and dimensional characterization; li>
- Chemical, thermal and rheological characterization; li>
- Mechanical properties and barrier properties; li>
- Close system integrity; li>
- Self-adhesive labels and interaction between packaging and product; li>
- Legislation and sensory alteration. li>
Vitopel is pleased to support and sponsor this project which contributes to the continuous increase of knowledge and expertise in the field of Plastic and Flexible Packaging. The book is being marketed by ADI – Area of documentation and information of CETEA / ITAL and can already be purchased by the site www. ital.agricultura.sp.gov.br/cetea or by telephone (19) 3743 1900 or (19) 3743 1936.